Monday 5th September 2022
What to expect:
- Unique up close and personal experience with a WWII Lancaster NX611 Just Jane and Mosquito HJ711
- Look inside the Lancaster (subject to weight and self-manoeuvrability)
- Special photographic scenes, set with natural backgrounds
- Presentation about Lancaster NX611 & Mosquito HJ711
- Period re-enactor to pose for portraits with props and vehicles (TBC)
- On hand professional photography advice along with hints and tips throughout the day
- Arrival drinks and lunch supplied (please note dietary requirements in the comments section of the booking)
Who's it for:
- Any photographer who wants a close up and personal day with two wonderful WWII aircraft at an historical location with unique photographic opportunities.
- There will be a maximim of 30 people on the day.
What to bring:
- You and your camera, it's as simple as that!
This photography day is designed for those who are already competent with a camera, but it can equally be fun for entry level users and can be fun for compact camera owners too. There's no photographic challenges during the day, just lots of specially set up opportunities to capture images you just won't get anywhere else.
The day is themed around both Lancaster Just Jane and Mosquito HJ711. You'll spend the entire day getting up close and personal to both of these historic airframes.
Professional aviation photographer Darren Harbar, is on-hand throughout the day to ensure that you get some fantastic photographic opportunities and advice available as needed. He manages the access to around the airframes to allow all attendees to get a wide range of images, including period re-enactors to pose with the aircraft. You need not even have a camera to enjoy this day, as you get up close and personal to the aircraft and so long as you are within weigh limitations and can access the aircraft unaided, then you get to access the inside of the Lancaster for photos. There's even a presentation on the history of both aircraft by the owners, plus some expert photographic advice on making the most of the day with a camera. The ultimate day for fans of both the Lancaster and Mosquito!
Our right to cancel
Lincolnshire Aviation Heritage Centre reserve the right to cancel the event, 30 days prior to the date of the workshop and tickets would be refunded in full. In the event of bad weather forecast for the date of the event, we will endeavour to offer an alternative date and tickets would be transferred. In the event of a postponement, ticket holders will have the option to accept the new date or have a full refund. If it is not possible to re-arrange the event date or not enough ticket holders are happy to move to a new date, a full refund will be issued.
About Darren Harbar Photography
Darren has been running photography days for many years, and has a great reputation for his training workshops and specialist subject days. Having worked as the editor of Which Digital Camera and as the test and technique editor on Practical Photography before setting up his own business seven years ago, Darren has the ability to delve into a variety of camera brands menu's to help his clients realise the potential of their cameras. His training style has been described as cutting through the jargon and one client once stated that every camera club should have a Darren Harbar on hand! Darren takes time to help each client on his event days and can target specific needs, be they entry level or more advanced questions. Visit www.darrenharbar.co.uk for more about Darren Harbar Photography.